iCal is a personal calendar application that enables you to keep track of appointments and other events. With iCal, you can:
- Create multiple color-coded calendars for different categories of events—for example, home, business, or school. You can view your calendars individually or together.
- View calendars by day, week, or month.
- Share calendars on the Web with family, friends, and business associates.
- Send e-mail invitations for events to people in your Mac OS X Address Book.
- Get notification of upcoming events on screen or by e-mail.
- Create and manage a priorities-based to-do list.
This part of the chapter provides basic instructions for setting up and using iCal.