“Whether you’re training a junior account executive in presentation skills or media training a CEO in the middle of a PR crisis, Karen Berg delivers, helping find a winning bottom line message no matter the need.”
—John Frazier, executive vice president, Quinn & Co.
Loud & Clear is essential for everyone who needs to know how to get what he or she wants from anyone. Whether you need to get a message through to an employer, team, committee, your staff, your neighbor, teacher, student, or spouse, this book will show you how to get their attention by:
• Using your head. Before you even think about opening your mouth, you need to think long and hard about the person you want to influence and how to say what you want.
• Connecting with your listener(s). Berg will show you how to establish chemistry and intimacy with your listeners—from an individual to a stadium-sized audience—to make them want to listen to you.
• Keeping their interest. Why “soft” communication, such as story-telling and picture-painting, are important devices and how to use them effectively. Plus, how to avoid the dreaded “drone factor.”
• Saying it right. Speech and body language techniques make a lasting impression.
• Anticipating and overcoming the negatives. How to recognize disaster before it strikes, and handle it when it does.
Each chapter also features a topic-specific “plan of attack,” plus plenty of client stories, checklists, worksheets, and quizzes. For an employee trying to get a raise, a committee leader who needs to motivate a team, a traveler trying to book a better flight, or a student trying to clinch a better grade, Berg’s proven methods will help you say what you mean to get what you want.
Karen Berg, CEO of CommCore Strategies, is a communication strategist and international speaker who has trained thousands of professionals for crisis management, shareholders meetings, management presentations, government and expert witness testimony, product launch campaigns, media interviews, and more. Coauthor of the million-copy best-seller Get to the Point, Berg is a recognized industry trendsetter whose views on communications issues are featured regularly in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Redbook, Working Woman, McCall’s, and other publications. Frequently interviewed on communication trends, she has appeared on CNN, CNBC, and Today in New York. Berg lives in White Plains, New York