There are three main use cases of attribute editing:
- First, we might want to edit the attributes of a specific feature, for example, to fix a wrong name
- Second, we might want to edit the attributes of a group of features
- Third, we might want to change the attributes of all features within a layer
Editing attributes in the attribute table
All three use cases are covered by the functionality available through the attribute table. We can access it by going to Layer | Open Attribute Table, using the Open Attribute Table button present in the Attributes toolbar, or in the layer name context menu.
- To change an attribute value, we always have to enable editing first.
- Then, we can double-click on any cell in the attribute table to activate ...