Policy configuration is the primary step performed prior to scanning. Policy configuration, in simple terms, means setting up Nessus with the most optimized configuration for scanning based on the target infrastructure.
The key parameters that can be configured while setting up a policy are as follows:
- Name of the policy
- Type of port scanning required
- Performance of scan in terms of maximum checks per scan in parallel and so on, which will decide on the scan time
- Option of entering credentials for the infrastructure being scanned locally
- Option to select the most appropriate plugins
- Advance preference option to provide different drop-down options to choose configuration to further fine tune the policy depending on the target; for ...