This book will cover the following topics regarding the development of extensions for Joomla!:
- Creating toolbars and list screens
- Maintaining a consistent look, and reducing repetitive code by using HTML functions
- Accessing the database and managing records
- Security, and the preferred way of getting request variables
- Menu item control
- Controlling the logic flow within a component
- Configuration through XML parameters
- Packaging and distributing
Let's take an overview of these topics.
Creating toolbars and list screens
Joomla! has a standard set of toolbar buttons that are used throughout the backend. These provide a consistent appearance across components so that users quickly become familiar with the corresponding functions. When necessary, ...