This book explores the roots of high-performance materials management to guide today’s professional toward the right process controls at the right time. Written in a practical, easy-to-understand format, Lean Materials Planning & Execution describes supply chain management best practices and delineates a variety of important Lean and Class A metrics as tools for achieving maximum effectiveness. It covers all important management systems that are essential to high performance, such as sales and operations planning, clear-to-build and process ownership, along with the role of materials manager in getting maximum effectiveness from these tools. This is a must read for materials managers, production managers and top management in manufacturing organizations.
- Provides, in an easy-to-read, “how to” format, an appropriate treatment of the basics and a complete detailed understanding of Lean materials management in today’s high-performance manufacturing organizations with applications and examples of the various concepts
- Shows how Lean and Six Sigma can be integrated effectively with materials management principles
- Describes applications of pull systems and the differences in approach between execution and planning
- Details, from a materials point-of-view, the roles and responsibilities of senior management and production management for high performance results
- Intertwines Toyota materials management methods with examples from factories to help with the application of ideas
- WAV Offers a free downloadable glossary of terms, Lean and other high performance assessment tools, and a set of job descriptions for Lean material roles — available from the Web Added Value™ Download Resource Center at www.jrosspub.com