We have seen informational or scientific posters at conferences or on the walls of universities or institutes. They mostly have certain characteristics in common:
- They have a large size, such as A2, A1, or even A0
- People may look at them from far away, but also from a very short distance
In consequence, we get some requirements for typesetting:
- The page layout dimensions should work with such a big size.
- We need a wide range of font sizes. We should be able to read while standing close, but we also need large, catchy headings.
- The poster should be partitioned into digestible blocks. Specifically, each block should not exceed the usual line width we know from body texts. Also, excessively wide lines will make it hard to focus ...