The Service Excellence Index
WHY AN ORGANIZATION MIGHT TRACK THIS
- How easy do we make it for customers to do business with our organization?
- How easy is our web site to navigate and for people to find what they need?
- How do we respond when there is a problem?
- How do we perform on key “moments of truth” that define the caliber of our service?
- Does our service tell customers that we value their business or just the opposite?
- How do we perform on key measures like quality and speed?
- How well trained are our customer-facing personnel to deliver consistently excellent service?
- How well do our systems and tools perform in making it easy for our staff to provide excellent service?
Why Is This Information Important?
People and organizations today have more choices available to them than ever before. We truly have become a global economy and people can buy goods and services from all over the world and have them at their doorstep in a few days. You would think that all this increased competition would mean better service, but that does not seem to be the case. When was the last time you had a really great flight attendant on a flight you were on? When was the last time you got really great service from the DMV or some other government office? When was the last time you had a contractor or repairman who really did his job well and on time at a fair price? A handyman in my area has named his business “I Show Up” because so many of his competitors just don’t ...