So, let's take a look at how to create and set up a new workflow in Jira. To create a new workflow, all you need is a name and description:
- Browse to the Jira administration console.
- Select the Issues tab and then the Workflows option.
- Click on the Add Workflow button.
- Enter a name and description for the new workflow in the Add Workflow dialog.
- Click on the Add button to create the workflow.
The newly created workflow will only contain the default create and open status, so you will need to configure it by adding new statuses and transitions to make it useful. Let's start with adding new statuses to the workflow using the following steps:
- Click on the Add status button.
- Select an existing status from the drop-down ...