With the background basics of Swing covered, it’s time to explore the NetBeans Platform application architecture. In this chapter, you’ll learn how to build a modular application that uses the NetBeans Platform Window System and leverages NetBeans Platform techniques to keep modules loosely coupled.
• Understand the NetBeans module system.
• Create a NetBeans Platform application and add modules to it.
• Port a Swing application to the NetBeans Platform.
• Create windows for a NetBeans Platform application.
• Use Lookup to discover service providers.
• Use Lookup to share objects between modules.
Even though the applications in Chapter 2 are basic, they follow a loosely-coupled ...