Understanding performance issues
We can define performance tuning issues in general as any issue that causes the application to perform outside the target service-level agreement.
Performance issues can take many forms, for example, increased response time is one of the common forms. Let's list a few forms of application performance issues, as follows:
- Slow transactional response with or without application workload
- Failure to meet the processing rate, for example, 1,000 submitted orders per second
- Failure of the application to serve the required number of concurrent users
- Non-responding application under workload
- Transactional errors during application workload, which could be reported by application users or seen in the application logfiles
- Mismatch ...