CHAPTER 11: CONTINUAL SERVICE IMPROVEMENT (CSI)
The CSI approach
CSI needs to be co-ordinated and managed, so tasks are not duplicated or missed.
The CSI approach includes questions that can be asked from a business and IT perspective to identify what to improve and how.
- What is the vision? Identifies long-term goals.
- Where are we now? Gives a snapshot of the organisation.
- Where do we want to be? Provides measurable, prioritised targets.
- How do we get there? Plans improvements.
- Did we get there? Uses measures to track progress.
- How do we keep momentum going? Maintains the focus on improvement.
Measurement shows where to improve and if improvements have worked.
Figure 22: Continual service improvement approach
CSI focuses on three ...