Chapter Seven Security and Compliance
Distrust and caution are the parents of security.
For duty, duty must be done; The rule applies to everyone.
—GILBERT & SULLIVAN, RUDDIGORE
Chapter Table of Contents
- 1. A Quick Note on How We Got Here 224
- 2. Managing Security 227
- 3. Security Solutions and Technologies 234
- 4. Types of Threats 245
- 5. Compliance and IT 248
- 6. The Rules 249
- 7. How to Comply with the Rules 256
- 8. Hidden Benefits of Complying with the Rules 259
- 9. Methodologies and Frameworks 261
- 10. It’s Not Just Regulatory Compliance 266
(In)security is everywhere. Security is a critical component of an IT manager’s life. Almost every decision he makes will have to be evaluated at some point for its security implications. ...