After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
• Define project monitoring and control.
• Discuss methods to analyze performance information.
• Describe appropriate responses to performance variances.
• Describe how the execution and control process work together.
In Chapter 12, we discussed the first part of project execution: collecting information on the status of the project. A primary role of the project manager during the execution phase is monitoring and controlling the project.
Monitoring includes measuring and analyzing the information collected. Monitoring entails:
• Comparing actual performance to planned performance
• Assessing trends in the performance ...