Chapter 6Social and Behavioral Sciences in Community and Public Health
After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Define the terms behavioral science and social science.
- Explain why the behavioral and social sciences are important in the field of public health.
- Differentiate between primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention.
- Discuss the levels of ecological models.
- Describe the differences between community organization and community building.
- Describe the nine levels of the community readiness model.
This chapter has been designed to give an overview of the social and behavioral sciences in community and public health. Included in this chapter are basic definitions and terms associated with the social and ...