Chapter 3Analytical Epidemiology in Community and Public Health
After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Describe common types of analytical epidemiological studies.
- Differentiate between case-control and cohort studies.
- Explain the different types of intervention studies in epidemiology.
- Differentiate between association and causation.
- Identify and define keys terms pertaining to infectious disease epidemiology.
- Differentiate between infectious and chronic diseases.
- Discuss the epidemiology of common lifestyle risk factors.
This chapter has been designed to provide an overview of analytical epidemiology in community and public health. Included in this chapter are descriptions and critiques of common types ...