Ansible afficionado Michelle Perz helps you "ansibilize" your IT environment in this fast paced and thorough overview of how to install and configure Ansible. Geared toward those with basic Linux and system admin skills, this video takes you through initial installation and setup to more complex playbooks and roles.
The course covers common use cases for Ansible (orchestration, app deployment, and configuration management) by demonstrating best practices as well as a selection of commonly-used modules. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
- Learn the fundamentals of setting-up and configuring Ansible
- Pick up YAML, the file format for writing playbooks (Ansible's configuration management scripts)
- Understand how roles are used to simplify and reuse playbooks
- Explore playbook functions, modules, ad hoc commands, variables, loops, blocks, and more
- Review include statements, role directory structure, and role dependencies
- Understand privilege escalation, delegation, error handling, check mode, and playbook debugging
- Learn about Windows Support and EC2 Dynamic Inventory
Michelle Perz is an experienced Ansible support engineer and trainer with long stints at Ansible, Inc. and Red Hat. She has a MS in Education from the University of Rochester, an affinity for dancing to 90s dance hits, and a fabulous funny in your face predilection for snarky Reddit comments.