Capacity development and human resource development
DALIA AL-ZENDI and JOHN P WILSON
Freedom is man’s capacity to take a hand in his own development. It is our capacity to mould ourselves. (MAY, 2009: 119)
When you have completed this chapter, you should be able to:
- understand the nature of capacity development and capacity building;
- understand the importance of strategic planning and project management;
- recognize the importance of learning and human resource development within the process of capacity development;
- understand the value of stakeholder consultation and involvement;
- map and consider priorities;
- design and deliver interventions that achieve objectives.
In the past, many interventions in developing ...