International development: policy learning as an approach to VET reform in transition and development countries
SÖREN NIELSEN and MADLEN SERBAN
Nature knows no pause in progress and development, and attaches her curse on all inaction. (JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE)
When you have completed this chapter, you should be able to:
- understand the role of policy making;
- be familiar with the mission and role of the European Training Foundation;
- understand some of the educational challenges facing transition countries;
- be familiar with the development of a vocational education and training policy;
- understand the implications for foreign policy advisers in HRD.
Globalization is a driver for change not only in economic ...