After going through this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of the international monetary system
- Identify the forces that determine exchange rates
- Outline the history of the Bretton Woods Agreement
- Explain the functioning of the foreign exchange market
- Discuss the structure and functions of the international capital market
- Explain the implications of the evolution and functioning of the international monetary system for international business
MILA, the Integrated Latin American Market combining the stock exchanges of Lima, Peru (the BVL); Colombia (the BVC); and Santiago, Chile (the BCS), ...