In four easy steps, you can install Munin and have it up and running and monitoring your system.
Before you install Munin, you will need to check that you have all of the required elements listed as follows:
- Disk space: Munin requires 100 MB of free disk space. You will require more free space if you are going to monitor lots of devices.
- Memory: The minimum memory required is 128 MB, but 1 GB is recommended.
- Munin master: This requires a web server environment, such as Apache, and needs Perl 5 and RRDtool installed to function correctly.
- Munin node: This should run in any environment that runs Perl 5.
- Munin plugins: These can be platform-specific, but most should work on any Linux based system.
The load impact on ...