Gain new control of your code through a clear understanding of inheritance and polymorphism in C++. Expert Jason Turner teaches you the basics, the gotchas, the implementation and optimization of polymorphism and inheritance through live coded demonstrations and hands-on exercises. To get the most out of the course, learners should already have a basic understanding of C++ programming.
- Discover the differences between runtime and compile time polymorphism and how to combine them to create powerful constructs
- Understand class hierarchies in C++
- Learn to control aspects of a class using access specifiers
- Explore covariant return types, multiple and virtual inheritance, private constructors, destructors, mixins, CRTP, and other advanced topics
- Review the cost and optimization methods of polymorphism, as well as the trade-offs considered when designing libraries
- Gain the ability to implement the
Jason Turner has over 15 years of programming experience specializing in cross-platform development, scripting of C++ libraries, and automated testing and code quality analysis. Jason is the co-creator and maintainer of the embedded scripting language for C++, ChaiScript, and is the author and curator of the forkable coding standards document, C++ Best Practices. He has spoken at CppCon in Bellevue, Washington, C++Now in Aspen, Colorado, and, is the co-host of CppCast, the podcast for C++ developers. You can discover articles by Jason on his EmptyCrate.com blog.