O'Reilly logo

Information Systems Transformation by Philip Newcomb, William M. Ulrich

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Project Team Organization

The migration project was split in 12 manageable subsystems. Initially there were several development teams, each in charge of the complete migration of an application subsystem. It was soon realized that a structure based on specific technology skills was more appropriate and the team reorganized according to “streams,” complemented by functional skills in the assessment and testing phase.

Technology Streams
  • Manual screen conversion. Basic skills.
  • COBOL rework. Moderate skills. This was 30% of the COBOL re-engineering effort, with the other 70% automated.
  • Migration lab. Included 15 highly skilled staff with the most experience with the tools, languages, and architectures.
  • Bug fixing. Required highly skilled ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required