Workmen’s Compensation Legislation
This chapter will enable students to:
- Understand the common defences available before the employer to escape liability and to pay compensation in the event of industrial injuries resulting in disablement and death of his workmen
- Explain the terms ‘arising out of employment’, ‘arising in the course of employment‘, ‘partial disablement’ and ‘total disablement‘
- Describe the amount of compensation payable by the employer under the Employees’ Compensation Act, 1923, in the event of disablement and death of his workmen caused by industrial injury
- Describe the provisions of the Employees’ Compensation Act, 1923, relating to claims and penalties
- Understand the shortcomings of the Employees’ ...