Trade Union Legislation
This chapter will enable students to:
- Understand the background which led to the enactment of the Trade Unions Act, 1926
- Describe the efforts made at amending the provisions of the Act.
- Describe the procedure for the registration of trade unions under the Trade Unions Act, 1926
- Explain the rights and liabilities of trade unions registered under the Trade Unions Act, 1926
- Make an assessment of the Act and identify areas for modifications
Trade Union Legislation in the United Kingdom
The Indian Trade Unions Act, 1926, is patterned after the Trade Union Acts in operation in Great Britain prior to the enactment of the Indian legislation. Similarities in the legislation of the two countries ...