Trade Union Movement in India Upto 1949
This chapter will enable the students to explain:
- The broad features of early labour organizations in India and the factors leading to the formation of modern trade unions in the country
- The factors leading to the formation of the All India Trade Union Congress, its early leadership and the reasons for splits in the organization
- The circumstances leading to the enactment of the Trade Unions Act, 1926, and the implications of the legislation for the growth of trade unions in the country
- The impact of the ‘great depression’ on trade union movement in the country
- The role of Congress ministries formed under the Government of India Act, 1935, relating to labour and trade unions ...