The process of release management is the way to plan, schedule, build, and make the software available to the end users in a defined timeline. Release management involves several interrelated and overlapping tasks that sum up to provide a meaningful release. They are as follows:
- Define a top-level release plan along with timelines. This becomes the release that goes to the end customers.
- Divide the timeline into the smaller and manageable Iterations. In the Agile development scenario, these are called Sprints.
- Define and prioritize the Stories for a release and Tasks for Iterations.
- Make sure that all the must have stories of the release are scheduled across the defined iterations.
- Assign Stories to releases and Tasks to individual ...