Chapter 6. Geolocation and web mapping
This chapter covers
- Understanding geospatial data and geolocation services
- Building web maps using the HTML5 Geolocation API
- Building and using ASP.NET MVC controllers for JSON data services
The convergence of social media, rich web content, and onboard location services in a mobile device has created a genuine
opportunity for developers and businesses that understand the value of “where.” When a user asks “where?” what he or she is
really asking can be any or all of the following:
- Where am I in relation to where I want to go?
- Where is the person with whom I am communicating, relative to my location?
- How close am I to the product or service I am interested in?
- Is there anything of interest to me ...