How to Write a Business Plan presents the latest thinking on effective business planning, while putting all the information and tools students need right at their fingertips. From diagnosing and measuring customer satisfaction to finding innovative ways to raise capital, the fifth edition of this best-selling course explains how to organize and implement the planning process from beginning to end and position a company for success.
Students will learn how to:
• Evaluate a business’s capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses
• Pinpoint the crucial elements of the competitive environment, including market, economic, and technological factors
• Establish realistic goals, objectives, and strategies in areas including marketing, organization and management, production/services, R&D, finance, and information technology
• Develop both operating and financial plans
• Identify and integrate customer requirements into the business plan
• Write the actual planning document and use it to steer a company to greater productivity and profits
• Obtain the capital needed to grow a business
Completely revised and updated, the course now includes sections on developing Information Technology goals and strategies, a new chapter preparing an IT Plan, and a glossary of terms. It also covers the role of the balanced scorecard in developing a business plan and looks at new ways to raise capital such as crowdfunding and search funds. Sample outlines, exercises, and review questions reinforce key concepts and allow students to strengthen their skills. Startups and established businesses alike all need a plan—this course makes creating one easy.