Being able to calculate and measure statistical information is very important for jobs in IT, finance and management.
• Scan the whole graph or table before you start answering the questions.
• Carefully read the units, ie cm, m, pounds, pennies, etc and make sure to answer in the correct unit.
• As before, read the choices before you answer, because many questions need a little calculation and more intelligent reading to understand them.
• A common mistake is mixing decimals and percentages, for example: 1/100 = 1% = 0.01; 10/100 = 10% = 0.1.
• Always use your common sense to see whether the answer makes sense.
Now work through the following examples and see how many you can finish in 60 minutes.