Safe, Sound, and Hunkered Down
In This Chapter
Keeping an eye on your home while you’re away
Things you can do to automate home security
Getting to know smart home security devices and companies
Joe the caveman (yes, Joe’s been a common name for quite a while, it seems) has it all:
- Jane, his lovely cavewife
- Three adorable cavekids
- This round stone thing that’s good for getting around quickly (he’s thinking about calling it a wheel or a cog, but he’s having a tough time deciding which)
- A group of other cavemen with whom he likes to go hunting every day
- A set of clubs that would make Tiger Woods jealous (but used for entirely different purposes, of course)
- A great job down at the quarry (apologies to the Flintstones)
- A three-bedroom/two-bath cave on the south side of the mountain where the breeze doesn’t blow in
Life is great for Joe, but in an instant his life could change if threatened. That’s why Joe is heavy into modern security for his home and loved ones:
- Brutus, his trusty pet dinosaur, has been trained as an attack dino, but he’s also great with the kids.
- Joe has an awesome fire pit situated right near the cave entrance, so it not only keeps the cave ...