Chapter 2. Getting started with Hibernate Search
|This chapter covers
- What is Hibernate Search?
- How to set up and configure Hibernate Search
- An introduction to mapping your domain model
- An introduction to indexing your data
- An introduction to doing full-text queries
- How to use Luke
In the chapter 1, we discussed difficulties of integrating a full-text search engine such as Apache Lucene into a Java application centered
on a domain model and using Hibernate or Java Persistence to persist data. More specifically, we saw three mismatches:
- Structural mismatch— How to convert the object domain into the text-only index; how to deal with relations between objects in the index.
- Synchronization mismatch— How to keep the database and the index synchronized ...