In this chapter, you will learn to
• Recognize the influence of data ownership rights in healthcare
• Comprehend the intertwined relationship between privacy and security in healthcare organizations
• Understand information protection challenges of electronic health records
• Identify information security concerns about medical devices relative to patient safety
• Appreciate the risk of medical and financial identity theft, and understand patient care issues related to data breach
In this chapter, you will learn how privacy and information security are separate disciplines that work very much together. In markets and industries, ...