ASSESSING AND ACHIEVING VALUE IN HEALTH CARE INFORMATION SYSTEMS
• To be able to discuss the nature of IT-enabled value.
• To review the components of the IT project proposal.
• To be able to understand steps to improve IT project value realization.
• To be able to discuss why IT investments can fail to deliver returns.
• To review factors that challenge the realization of IT value.
Virtually all the discussion in this book has focused on the knowledge and management processes necessary to achieve one fundamental objective: organizational investments in IT resulting in a desired value. That value might be the furtherance of organizational strategies, improvement in the performance of core processes, ...