ORGANIZING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
• To be able to describe the roles, responsibilities, and major functions of the IT department or organization.
• To be able to discuss the role and responsibility of the chief information officer (CIO), chief medical informatics officer (CMIO), chief security officer (CSO), chief technology officer (CTO), and other key IT staff.
• To be able to describe the different ways IT services might be organized and governed within a health care organization.
• To be able to identify key attributes of highly effective IT organizations.
• To be able to develop a plan for evaluating the effectiveness of the IT function within an organization.
By now you should ...