HEALTH CARE INFORMATION REGULATIONS, LAWS, AND STANDARDS
• To be able to discuss how accreditation, facility licensure, and certification influence the information needs of health care facilities.
• To be able to identify and differentiate among major health care accrediting bodies.
• To be able to understand and manage the impact of the health record as a legal document.
• To be able to discuss the HIPAA privacy regulations and their relevance to health care organizations and consumers.
• To be able to describe the laws, regulations, and standards that govern patient confidentiality.
Chapters One and Two focused on the health care information and data that are available to, used by, and managed ...