This book has not been compiled and written to be used as a tool by individuals who wish to carry out malicious and destructive activities. It is a tool for people who are interested in extending or perfecting their skills to defend against such attacks and damaging acts. In this chapter, we’ll discuss the following topics:
• Why you need to understand your enemy’s tactics
• Recognizing the gray areas in security
• How does this stuff relate to an ethical hacking book?
• The controversy of hacking books and classes
• Where do attackers have most of their fun?
Let’s go ahead and get the commonly asked questions out of the way and move on from there.
Was this ...