Time for action - reusing transactions
Wouldn't it be great if you can leverage the effort you had earlier put in to get this type of transaction just right? The good folks developing GnuCash have thought of all that and have just the solution for you the ability to take an entire transaction and make a duplicate.
- Place the cursor anywhere in the split transaction we created for sales tax in the earlier tutorial.
- Go to Transaction | Duplicate Transaction or right-click and select Duplicate Transaction.
- A dialog called Duplicate Transaction will prompt for a new Date and Number for the transaction. Select a Date and enter 83791 in the Number field:
- Click on OK to add the transaction to the register.
- Edit the transaction so that the new description ...