Customizing groups and scan schedules
We briefly went over the Spiceworks scan process at the beginning of this chapter; once Spiceworks scans, it automatically classifies devices into groups. We saw that in the Navigating the device inventory section. Here is exactly how Spiceworks groups those devices:
- Desktops: These are machines that respond to WMI or SSH ports, do not have a battery installed, and are not running a server OS.
- Laptops: These are machines that respond to WMI or SSH ports and have a battery installed.
- Servers: These are machines that respond to WMI, SSH, or HTTP ports and are running a server OS such as Linux, Windows Server, or VMware.
- Network devices: These are machines that respond to SNMP or SSH.
- Network printers: These are printers ...