Power BI is a new software product from Microsoft that helps you find meaning in your data. It's used to take in, transform, analyze, and visualize data in new and exciting ways.
Microsoft Power BI produces actionable business intelligence in the form of reports, visualizations, and dashboards that can be shared with your colleagues anywhere in the world. Understanding Power BI is fast becoming a job skill that is just as important as knowing Word and Excel: This course shows you the way.
- Gain valuable experience using Microsoft Power BI Desktop
- Learn how to create data derived visualizations, reports, and dashboards
- Discover how to install the software, import data, and create meaningful visualizations
- Learn to load any type of data and combine with data from other sources
- Explore data modeling and the need for consistent relationships among data sources
- Understand how to visualize and report your data in multiple ways
- Learn how to upload your reports to the cloud and share them with anyone, anywhere
Allen G. Taylor is a writer, educator, and data engineer who has worked in the database field for more than 20 years. Formerly with the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon, Allen has authored over 40 technology books, including the best sellers "SQL for Dummies" and "Database Development for Dummies".