Up and down
Up and down is a very thought-provoking investigation that challenges children to use a variety of problem-solving skills.
- Describe ways of solving puzzles and problems, explaining choices and decisions orally or using pictures.
- Explain reasoning using diagrams, graphs and text.
- To plan and pursue an enquiry.
- Explore patterns, properties and relationships.
- This is an activity suitable for maths buddies or small groups
- Pencil and paper
What to do
- Introduce the problem to children as a story as follows:A snail crawls 4m up a wall during the daytime. After all the effort of climbing the snail stops for a while to rest and then falls asleep. The ...