• Type: Engine
• Intent: Produces a steady flow of resources over time for players to consume or to collect while playing the game.
• Motivation: A static engine creates a steady flow of resources that never dries up.
Use a static engine when:
• You want to limit players’ actions without complicating the design. A static engine forces players to think how they are going to spend their resources without much need for long-term planning.
• Energy that is produced by the static engine
• A source that produces energy
• Actions the player can spend energy on