By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe benefits trends.
• Identify the primary objectives of benefits programs.
• Define the benefits that are required by law.
• Differentiate between traditional and flexible benefits plans.
• Select an insurance carrier.
• Distinguish among funding options.
Celeste is the director of human resources for a large, popular fast-food chain. While she has four HR assistants who normally conduct all the employment interviews, she has just finished two weeks of personally interviewing more than a dozen applicants for the recently vacated position of ...