By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain how preemployment and employment tests are used.
• List testing advantages and disadvantages.
• Describe the test validation process.
• Identify the components of test administration.
• Select from an array of different types of tests.
Following World War II, testing was used extensively as a means for selecting new hires. The popularity of testing as a selection tool continued for several decades, only to decline toward the end of the 1990s. However, due in part to a globally competitive economy, heightened security concerns, and a shortage of skilled labor, ...