By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Identify the three steps that should be completed at the beginning of the employment process.
• Evaluate the numerous recruitment sources available and develop a recruiting strategy.
• Practice five effective questioning techniques.
• Describe the components of effective employment interviewing documentation.
• Plan organizational and departmental orientation programs.
Recently, I was approached by one of the attendees of a seminar I was conducting on employment interviewing. She introduced herself as Dana, an HR administrator with a mid-sized retail ...