After reading this chapter, you should be able to
- Determine which operating budget method is better—top-down or bottom-up
- Understand the general concepts in development of the gross charges (revenues) budget and the contractual adjustments budgeted dollars to be applied against the gross charges
- Discuss the importance of the staffing budget and the elements of full-time equivalent (FTE) development
- Recognize the major elements of fringe benefit expenses and the concepts for developing budget dollars for them
- Determine the major elements that need to be included in a capital budget request form in order to comply with criteria-based capital budget policies
- Recite major elements of Medicare's fraud and ...