Creating Connection and Fostering Engagement in Team and Group Coaching
Without involvement, there is no commitment. Mark it down, asterisk it, circle it, underline it.
–Stephen R. Covey1
This chapter explores:
- Engagement pre-program, during a program, post-program
- The context: a reminder of group and team processes (Bruce Tuckman's model)
- Strategies for boosting connection, in person and by phone
- Engagement in virtual programs
- The impact of learning styles and participant styles
Group and team coaching is grounded in the active participation of each group member. As discussed in earlier chapters on the core coaching competencies (Chapter 3), coaching can be distinguished from other modalities such as training and counseling due ...