In an Instant
- Basic Resources and Packaging
- General-purpose I/O Interfaces
- Embedded Multipliers, RAM, etc.
- Embedded Processor Coress
- Gigabit I/O Capabilities
- IP Availability
- Speed Grades
- Future FPGA Developments
- Instant Summary
Most of the terms used in this chapter you will have seen before, but here are a few definitions of some terms that may be unfamiliar:
- Application Specific Modular Block (ASMBL) is a new FPGA architecture that was developed by Xilinx. This is a highly modular, column-based architecture that makes use of flip-chip technology and eliminates geometric layout constraints associated with traditional chip design.
- Field programmable analog arrays ...