In This Chapter
• Getting to know the laptop battery
• Learning how to save power while running on the battery
• Understanding when it’s time to replace the battery
• Buying a replacement battery for your laptop
• Removing the old battery and installing the new one
A desktop PC requires a nearby power outlet, but a laptop is capable of running off its internal battery for those times when AC is nowhere in sight. Consequently, you can use your laptop almost anywhere, including at a coffee shop, in a taxi, on an airplane, and even at the park. However, to make the most out of this portability, you need to take good care of the laptop battery. This includes saving as much energy as possible when you’re on battery ...