In This Chapter
• Learning what tools you need (and don’t need) for your PC repair jobs
• Setting up your PC-repair workshop for comfort and convenience
• Getting hip to a few common-sense (and not evenly remotely paranoid) safety precautions
• Getting inside the PC case
• Learning about computer cables and their myriad connections
• Getting an expansion card safely installed inside a PC
Repairing a desktop PC is an art that anybody can master. If you can wield a knife and fork without poking yourself in the eye, you have the requisite dexterity to perform any PC upgrade or repair task. If you can dress yourself in the morning, you have the needed organizational abilities to coordinate any PC repair project.